Devariyatal Trekking Camp
Amusing info about the Devariyatal Lake-
Deoriya Tal also pristinely known as ‘Deoria’ or ‘Deoriya’ is an emerald lake situated 3 km atop from the villages on the Ukhimath- Chopta road in Uttarakhand. The altitude of the location is around 2,438 meters in Rudrapyayag district of Uttarakhand. The beauty and the scenic surroundings around the Devariyatal will leave you spellbound. With lush green flora and the majestic Chaukhamba peak reflecting on the clear waters of the lake, this place is considered as the best for trekking, hiking and camping.
Highlights about the Devariyatal trekking camp-
- Devariyatal bids a captivated and perfect 300-degrees panorama of the magnificent summits of the Chaukhamba, Bandarpoonch, Kedar Range and Kalanag.
- The weather throughout the year is extremely pleasant to plan and visit this place.
- Legend associated mythological beliefs are connected with the Devariyatal that devas or gods used to bathe in this majestic lake. Hence, it is named as the ‘Indra Sarovar’ in the Puranas.
- Devariyatal falls under the vicinity of Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary, so you can spot few beautiful animals drinking water from the lake.
Pinpoints about the Devariyatal trekking camp-
- Location: Near Sari Village, Rudraprayag(Garhwal Hills)
- Best time to visit: Any month of the year is suitable.
- Duration: 3 nights/ 2 days
- Places to visit in Devariyatal:Omkareshwar temple, Tungnath Temple, Sari Village, Omkar Ratneshwar Mahadev, Chandrashila, Ukhimath.
- Trek distance: 3 km
- Trek grade level: easy
- Altitude range: 2,438 meters
- Railway station: Rishikesh, 194 km
- Nearest airport:Jolly Grant Airport, 208 km
Devariyatal trekking overview:
As a trekking destination, Devariyatal is the most preferred because of the vibrant and delightful sightseeing present. The mighty Himalayas bless your early mornings and the soulful sounds of the nature. There are plenty of activities that you can indulge in, amidst the beauty of Devariyatal.
Trekking route to Devariyatal is an easy to moderate grade trekking. The 3 km trek provides some visual delights from the bird-eye views of the Sari Village and the beautiful grasslands.
Bird watching is one of the most satisfying experiences that one can take while camping as well as trekking in Devariyatal. The pure, majestic lake water, favourable weather and temperature mark a perfect habitat for the migrant as well as the indigenous birds and wildlife. You will see many birds in a close proximity to the lake and the forest.
Camping is the most desirable activity amongst hundreds of travellers throughout the year. The camps are set in vicinity to the Devariyatal which in itself is a fulfilling experience. The splendid Chaukhamba peak reflect in the water of the Tal, providing a pleasing view.
Village sightseeingthe Sari Village is the last village that you will come across before the trek starts. You can visit and interact with the local dwellers and learn about their lifestyle, culture and customs.
- Inclusions in the Package:
- Professionally supervised trek of Devariyatal, Tungnath and Chandrashila.
- Dome-shaped tents and facilitated rooms in and around the location.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening tea with snacks will be accessible (in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian).
- Accommodation readily available in Chopta.
- Exclusions in the Package:
- Lunch and refreshments during the road trip.
- Entry fee and permit slips for the forest.
- Personal expenses, tips, taxes etc.
- Anything outside the package.
- Any sort of extra transport fares.